Coming soon: “Better than Stainless” NP3!
NP3 is a surface treatment for steel and metal alloys that combines sub-micron particles of PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene), otherwise known as Teflon, with electroless nickel.
NP3 – THE ADVANTAGES
· Very accurate and even on all activated surfaces.
· No lubrication is needed on opposing surfaces.
· Cleaning is minimal, usually requiring only a soft cloth.
· Permits firing for longer periods of time between cleaning, as dirt and powder residue has no wet or oily surface to cling to.
· NP3 has a micro hardness of 48-51 Rockwell as plated (nickel matrix).
· NP3 is very corrosion resistant, a 1 mil (.001) coating exceeding a 240 hour salt spray test.
· NP3 has a high lubricity and low friction co-efficient; therefore, the life expectancy of a muzzle brake will be greatly increased due to reduced friction wear.
NP3 – ON OUR BRAKES
· NP3 plated onto our HARDENED steel muzzle brakes with vastly increase life expectancy and overall durability.
· NP3 is a satin gray, non-reflective color ideal for all our muzzle brakes (looks just like stainless steel!).
· In cases where the NP3 has been perforated, the corrosion shows no tendency to spread or migrate under the coating.
· NP3 is guaranteed against corrosion, peeling or flaking for the lifetime of the muzzle brake.